January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Friends!

Is it just me or did 2010 fly by?  It actually kind of makes me sad.  I am not one afraid to move forward but I fear that I am getting caught up in the busyness of life, filling my days chock full, worrying about how clean my home is, what the yard looks like, and what is expected of me that day.  While it is not bad to be concerned with these things, I fear that I am focusing on them so much that I am putting all my energy into maintenance.  And to be honest, probably for the wrong reasons sometimes.

That is why this year, I am making it my "resolution" to focus on people.  On my relationships.  I am a very independent person and it is easy for me to neglect my family and friends.  I want to make a point this year to focus on sharing my life with those I care about.  I want to make memories.  Lots and lots of fun, crazy, goofy, sweet, and meaningful memories.  I want 2011 to mean something.

And like so many out there, with their new resolutions fresh in their mind, I am starting out on the right foot.  Tonight, our friends Kara and Nick are coming over to celebrate the new year (and our new kitchen).  Kara and I have prepared a ridiculously large menu so we can test how well this kitchen really works.  While we cook the men will play video games, watch the bowl games, or probably stand around the kitchen sticking their fingers in all the different pots and pans cooking up the day's meal.  And the best part is we are taking this meal very slowly.  Enjoying one course at a time while most of all, enjoying each other's company.  It should be a very special evening.  I will post about it soon.  But I bet you will want to read Kara's post about it more - she is the one who created the menu.  She is amazing and not only is she a great cook, she takes spectacular photos of food.  She is amazing.  I'll link up to her post too.

Hopefully, with this meal as a reminder, I can enter 2011 intentional about the people in my life and the relationships that are so important to me.  Including you!  My readers.  I have never said it before but thank you for stopping by and checking out what I have to say.  Thanks for your support, comments and encouragement!  They have meant a lot to me this year and I want to make sure I invest in you they way you have invested in me and this blog.  What a special community the blogging world is!

THANK YOU AGAIN AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A VERY BLESSED 2011!  


Oh and because I can't write a post without a picture - what fun is that?  Here is a random one of Lola I took this week.  It is always good to start the new year with some laughing........




And I wonder why Hudson has anxiety.........

Lola will probably be following soon behind.

1 comment:

Muddaritaville said...

One of the best resolutions I have read yet Jessica!
Good for you. I love the pic of Lola. Actually I discovered your post with Lola and the pacifier, the pics are so sweet.
Hugs to the doggies!
Jo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...