January 23, 2011

homemade cocoa

We have officially experienced the coldest day of the year this past week/weekend.  I am not a cold weather friend so there are only three items that get me through:  my blanket, the fireplace and hot cocoa - oh and I can't forget the hubby.

I have recently learned that there is only one way to drink hot cocoa - the homemade way.  I will never go back to the pouch.  A co-worker recently shared her recipe and I fell in love and would like to share it with you.  Don't worry this isn't a super secret family recipe that I am about to plaster all over the internet.  Just one she found along the way.




I mix dark and regular cocoa for a richer chocolate taste.  I also add a bit more sugar because I have a major sweet tooth.  The great thing about homemade is that it is easy to adjust it to each person's own taste.  Also to clarify - it is about 1/4 c. of mix to every 8 oz. of water.




I love this mix so much I keep a jar of it on the counter for quick hot cocoa fixes.  I love that my guests can easily help themselves too.


yummm!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Great pics & sounds tasty!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks really delicious, Please have a look at a website I created for Tiktok fans so they can download HQ mp3
TikToks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...