September 19, 2011

Share the love hgtv

I love HGTV!  Then again, who doesn't? I think my husband is even a closet fan.  With that said, I have a bone to pick with HGTV and the Scripps Network.


Stop neglecting the midwest and share the remodeling and decorating love with us.  
I mean Chicago is large enough to support a film crew and there are plenty of fun-loving, adventurous couples/families with extremely desperate spaces that need that HGTV magic.

I mean seriously - I think the West and East coasts have had enough style and fun - even Atlanta and Minnesota (and Dallas and Canada) have been spruced up by the amazing designers.

Now it's our turn! Chicago/Midwest UNITE!  Let's tell Scripps it's time to share the love with the forgotten and neglected fans of the midwest. (Sorry, I guess I have a flare for the dramatic.)

But seriously, being the HGTV fan that I am, I am always going on the website and checking out the various shows that are casting and NEVER are they casting for Chicago.  Unless I am looking to purchase a home (which I have already done) there are no opportunities to try for the experience of being a part of an HGTV show and obviously getting a killer room that is impossible to do on your own.  Sad face.

Well there is one new show that shares the love with the entire country.....

HGTV'd

A great show that I am totally trying to get on.  I know my chances are extremely minimal and more than that I really have no dire circumstances that make my house a need but I will not give up.

While I would gladly submit any room in my tiny house for the show there is one in particular that I would DIE to have HGTV'd!

My basement.  It is a neglected, boring, dingy and dark space that we NEED to finish.  We have a super tiny, 1,200 sq. ft. home that does not give us a ton of space for our GIANT dogs and hopefully sometime soon little babies that have a ton of junk.

Here is the grey, cement square.

Future family hang out area.

Future gorgeous laundry room.

Future stairs that you don't run up as fast as you can.

 Future craft, storage area connected to the family area.

Future illegal guest room which will be labeled "storage space" for the building permit since there is no window.  Legal stuff.

Future full bath.

So much potential and no idea how to make it happen.  Well I do - money and HGTV.

I'm a dreamer and I have been dreaming of this basement since we signed our life away to this little home.  And thanks to Pinterest my dreaming became so much easier and exciting (and a total time suck).  Here are some inspirational spaces that I am dreaming of for our basement. 


I love everything about the above room But with a craft area behind the couch!  I mean what am I going to do when we have kids and they have to live in my craft room?


I love these built-ins.  So necessary and so gorgeous.


Also totally love the look of this room.  The color scheme is fun and exciting and I adore the farm door.  Someday I will own one of those.


And a bed/bench under the stairs would be the perfect fit.  I love nooks.


Oh and my craft space.  Where I can sew, knit, work on photography, preserve memories and whatever crazy, DIY projects I may find on Pinterest or a great blog.

oh bummer, don't know where this is from....

Great storage space.


And this would be the bathroom - especially the shower.  We need an open shower like this to bath our giant dogs that do not fit in the bathtub anymore.  Very necessary.  Plus if we had overnight guests they  could also bathe.


Hello laundry room!  Look at all that folding space.  I actually like doing laundry and I would LOVE to do it in that space.

no credit for this photo

Or this space.


Are you catching theme now?  Counter space, storage space.....LIGHT.


So dreamy.


I love the built-in shelf on the counter.


And that sink.


Genius.

Well I think that covers the spaces.  Except for our "storage room".
Now HGTV you can accept this as my official submission to be HGTV'd 
and try and say no to these faces.......




4 comments:

Annika said...

I think you just made me want a house completely composed of different laundry rooms! Only... I hate doing laundry... hm. This could be an issue.

A Sweet Release

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I hear ya! They neglect the pacific northwest too!

~Chris

Deanna Ford said...

i think the latest design star is doing her show based out of chicago!

Unknown said...

Annika - Those laundry rooms make we want a job doing laundry (in one of those rooms and only my family's laundry).

Chris - they totally neglect you too! I'm sorry.

Deanna - Are you kidding? I love Meg. I can't wait to watch her show which will feature amazing midwest people at last! Thanks.

And I must say that I half kid when I whine about this -- really I am just jealous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...