May 1, 2012

Baby K: week 18



Well it wasn't the most ideal day for a bump shoot but I am already a few days behind so I had to make it work.  I can't believe I'm already 18 weeks - almost half way through this pregnancy.  If the first half has gone this fast, I can't imagine how fast the rest of this pregnancy will be.  Scary and exciting!

And guess what?! Next week we find out the sex of the baby - if Baby K cooperates.

Week: 18
Baby K: Baby K is the size of a mango at about 5.5 inches from bottom to head and weighing about 7 ounces.  The baby is finally starting to fill out and gain some fat.  The soft cartilage is also turning to bone starting in the legs and arms which the baby is busy punching and kicking.  Lots of movement going on in there right now.  Weird fact - the sweat glands are developing.
Symptoms:  Feeling good. 
Cravings: Liquids.  I am always thirsty right now.
Aversions:  None.
Bump: It's growing.  I feel like the growth has slowed which is good because I feel like this belly popped fast and I wasn't ready for that type of continual growth.  I hope this stays on a nice, steady pace.  I'm also ready for some warm weather so the dresses can break out of the closet and relieve some of the wardrobe stress (and tummy pressure).
Looking forward to:  Finding out the sex of the baby next week!!
Missing the most: Sleeping on my back.
Pregnancy milestone:  Feeling Baby K's fluttering.  Can't wait for it to get stronger and more frequent.  (I may take this back in a few months when I can sleep.)







2 comments:

Muddaritaville said...

You look beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Your bump is defiantly growing in a major way. I'm so happy for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...